Tuesday, October 9, 2007



Trying to find a picture from millions out there is not an easy task. I chose this photo as I spent Saturday at the local show. Although I have never really been on the dodgem cars before, I was forced to so all the children with us could have a 'responsible' adult. Famous last words. What is it with men and cars? Even ones that have one pedal, no gears and cost $5 for 10 minutes doesn't stop their competitive instincts coming out. It didn't matter if they knew each other or not, how small the child next to them was, it was open slather. All of a sudden for those few minutes the joy of the day went out and they got down to serious business. No more smiles and games for the kids, these 'adult males' had their teeth gritted and a determined look in their eye. My 4 year old nephew was actually bumped into the air at one stage as his uncle chased down a competitor. To be truly honest, I think it bought out the speed demon in me as well!! Bathurst weekend as well...Just a coincidence? Miraculously all children escaped in one piece, no whiplash and no tears. I don't think I need to go into how the story goes when they got to the shooting duck gallery. That speaks for itself!!

1 comment:

teemaree said...

Great photo! I'm glad I went to the show with males mostly under the age of three. A handful - but at least they weren't competitive like your males!